Thursday 22 May 2014

Hello, my name is Ashley and I am really REALLY unfit!


Hello, my name is Ashley and I am really REALLY unfit! 


I didn't used to be.

After I had my wee girl (who is 7 now!!) I got deep into the groove of being healthy and fit and I felt really vital and full of life for the first time in my life. I was working out with weights, doing a split program over 5 days during the week, getting up early for walks around the Tan and eating a really balanced and varied diet and I really felt amazing... amazing! I was putting my own well-being ahead of other things... which actually meant I had much more energy to put into those other things... everyone was a winner!

Ann Wigmore said:

“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.”
...and I have to admit that I've been turning to the poison far more than I've been medicating myself with food in recent years and the most I've moved is walking from the train to my uni classes. There are a few different reasons for this which I will probably get into at some stage but don't have the energy to get in depth about now; mostly to do with being time poor, busy, medicating my emotions with sugar and carbs and putting my own needs before those of my family, work and friends.

So... in order to begin (again) the process of regaining my health and fitness I am about to embark on a 12 week "Get Moving" program through Operation Move.

The Operation Move website says this:

"We are parents, partners, domestic gods and goddesses. We work at home or out of home, we juggle ferrying kids to school with taking corporate calls on Skype, we are full time parents at home who love it and find it incredibly challenging all at once. We take care of everybody else and we do it with pride. 
We are also people who have put ourselves last for a long time, without even realising it.
Operation Move is for people who have been so busy living and being and doing that they haven’t put their physical health needs first.
We are for everyday busy people who know they SHOULD get moving, but don’t know what to do or how to fit it in to their lives."

Does this sound like you? It sure sounds like me and I've had enough of feeling shitty. It's time to MOVE!  I am the luckiest blogger on the block because I am going to be participating in this fitness program for FREE on the proviso (isn't that a great word?!) that I tell you all about it!! That is a good deal right?! Considering I can't help but talk about this stuff anyway. Win-win!

June 1st is the start date... eeeeeeeeeeeek!!!


3 comments:

  1. I look forward to following along with you Ashley - I too am super unfit and getting my butt into gear just seems like too much hard work! Hoping you'll inspire me!!! Flick x
    ps: love your new blog header x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Flick. I'm looking forward to not feeling shitty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too need to get moving Ashley so will use you as my inspiration to do so over the next 12 weeks !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! Your comment will be visible after approval from Ashley.